Even if I have to study all weekend, I don’t even care.
the internet is a magical place and I want to live here forever
Oh my word. This has officially scared the daylights out of me. Upward and onward movement: commence.
“A final thought: On average, you have 78 years total to live. The first 18-20 are spent learning, which leaves 58. Spending 2 years doing something you don’t enjoy is a full 3.4% of your life. What are you getting back for that investment? Money? What are you going to do with that money that will be worth the non-refundable 3.4% of your life? An extra room in your house?”
Food for thought.
Since I feel like I’m always the one making our weekend plans, I asked JCK to get it together. He has prepared an itinerary for this evening:
To be followed with the utmost stringency:
- Jeffrey picks up groceries after gym
- Go for run – (4 mile strip district route)
- Pick up case of good beer somewhere – (I’m thinking Harpoon wheat of some sort, preferably UFO variety pack)
- Come home – Jeffrey cooks dinner – (perhaps crab cakes with a couple fresh sides)
- Drink beer for a few hours
- Go to 1947 Tavern and get hammied on pre-prohibition style cocktails
If your lungs burn, your legs ache, your eyes tear-up, your skin bakes in the sun. If your music blares in your ears, your miles pile up, your shoes wear down, your mind clears and your outlook brightens. Keep driving, keep moving, keep pushing, keep running. And do it all because you can. Because you’re alive.
ewph // march 2012